How to use this Insight on One Page worksheet:
Give yourself quiet, uninterrupted time to complete this worksheet. Write your initial answers in your journal or on a separate piece of paper and then summarize your main conclusions in the form provided. Read about how to get the most out of “Insights on One Page.” Below is your guide to completing each of the boxes.
Know Your Soul on One Page
Soul is our essence. Until we align with and express soul, we will not fully be at peace or have meaning in our lives. Today many people are experiencing a soul crisis. Psychology’s tools are not effective in helping us become more soulful. Do you know how spirit is attempting to express through you right now?
Here is some guidance as you answer the questions.
1. Soul is about the quality of life, not the quantity or form of life. Write down the virtues and spiritual qualities that are most important to you in Box 1. Once you have listed some, use our list of virtues and qualities to add a few more you may have missed.
2. Soul offers many opportunities for growth through our character and life lessons. In Box 2 write the lessons that keep repeating in your life. For example, do you repeatedly struggle with relationships, money, work-related issues or health? Most of us are here to master a higher quality like trust, justice, love, beauty, freedom, stillness, focus or courage. We learn this through our life lessons.
3. Soul communicates with us and expresses itself through meaning and sacredness. In Box 3 write what gives meaning in your life and what is sacred to you.
4. In Box 4 note who or what you are drawn towards to support or help.
5. How can you help? What need do you want to respond to? How are you inspired to serve the planet? These questions are an integral part of life purpose. (Box 5)
6. Do you have a sense of your higher calling or life purpose? Make an effort to put something down in Box 6. Then check our list of sample purpose statements.
7. Our closest relationships exist for important reasons. Often, areas of conflict and struggle provide the catalyst for growth. In Box 7 write who you are closest to and the reason(s) they are in your life.
8. Our soul is made up of a trinity of energies: will (courage, independence, leadership, willpower, doing), love (relationships, acceptance, nurturing, compassion, feeling) and intelligent action (creativity, planning, organizing, managing, thinking). In Box 8 estimate the percentage each of these energies are expressing in your life.
9. What actions do you feel inspired to take to become more soulful? See our developing soul connectedness idea list for more ideas to put in Box 9.
Know your Soul on One Page
|1. Top virtues and spiritual qualities||2. Recurring life lessons?||3. What is sacred to me? What brings meaning?|
|4. Who can I help or serve?||5. How can I help them?||6. My life purpose?|
|7. Who is in my spiritual family or support group?||8. The Soul Trinity - rate % use of the three||9. Steps to open to greater soulfulness|
|Intelligent Activity ____|