Daily Personal Retreat Guide
Get more from your day with a 5 – 10 minute planning and review retreat
If we want our lives to be meaningful, then we must make each day meaningful.
If we have goals, we need to do something to move towards our goals every day.
We can’t put this off until tomorrow!
It doesn’t have to take a lot of time. We can invest in ourselves in only 5 - 10 minutes per day. In that short time, we can quickly reflect on how our life is unfolding and choose what we most want. We’ll then carry that awareness and intention into our day.
Claim your power to take charge. Choose what you want and make it happen. Learn to say ‘no’ to reduce the demands, interruptions and busyness in your life. Spot and eliminate your time wasters. Focus on awareness, efficiency, decision making and handling tensions.
For best results, set a specific time of day for a brief review. Ideally, do a mini planning retreat in the morning (AM) and a mini review retreat in the late afternoon or evening (PM).
Mini Daily Re-Treat Yourself Guide:
- Relax with breathing - Take a few deep breaths to relax.
- Pay attention to yourself - Focus inside and sense and experience yourself. As much as you can, accept what is and let go of any tension. Open to trust your inner guidance.
- Ask, “What do I want from this day?” (AM) Review and anchor any goals you want to attract to you.
- Review your commitments (AM) - Check your daily calendar and dream calendar. Honour your word and commitments to others – and to yourself!
- Review your day (PM) – In your journal, write out any insights, even if your entry is limited to one essence word, a headline or a single sentence. Track what is important for you on the insight tracking on one page.
- Give thanks for this moment of connection and for any insights you
Options for Greater Growth:
- Check your focus/hot list page (AM). Look at the bigger focus areas and the task list for each and pick one to work on. Adjust priorities if necessary.
- Pick a few of the Daily Smart Questions (PM) to answer to expand your perspectives.
For other Personal Retreat ideas and topics visit:
Any time micro Re-Treat Yourself Process – Reap the benefits of awareness pauses.
Daily mini Re-Treat Yourself Guide – Make the most starting and reviewing every day.
Weekly Re-Treat Yourself Topics – Focus on goals, balance and peace of mind.
Monthly Re-Treat Yourself Ideas – Focus on rejuvenation and staying on purpose.
Quarterly/Yearly Re-Treat Yourself Topics – Precious solitude to relax and reconnect with your big picture.
4 FREE Tools for improved Self Control. Turn chaos into clarity and
peace of mind. Put yourself back in the driver’s seat.
Check out our many Time Management Resources