One Minute Personal Retreat Process
Claim precious minutes of awareness throughout your day
For many of us, our days typically overflow with busywork. We’re running on
habit and reacting to the influences around us. If we want to get more out of
life, we need to pause once in a while and consciously choose how we spend our
time. This starts with awareness.
For improved health and balance, check in with yourself at least a few times each day. Draw your attention inward for just a few moments to connect with your inner guidance.
Here’s the Micro Re-Treat process. It need only take a minute or two.
- Relax with breathing - Take a few deep breaths with an intention to relax.
- Pay attention to yourself - Focus inside and just sense and experience yourself. Where are you holding tension? Breathe into the tension and as much as possible, let it go.
- Ask, “What am I feeling and thinking?” Give yourself time to describe your experience. Be patient – this gets easier with practice.
- Ask, “What do I want? What’s most important to me right now?”
- Give thanks for this moment of connection and for any insights you get.
Identify a few triggers to remind you to STOP and take a Micro Re-treat during your day. Examples of triggers include when we change tasks, take a break, on the hour (set a timer), get into a car, etc. See our lists of triggers and pick out a few that will work best for you.
For other Personal Retreat ideas and topics visit:
Daily mini Re-Treat Yourself Guide – Make the most starting and reviewing every day.
Weekly Re-Treat Yourself Topics – Focus on goals, balance and peace of mind.
Monthly Re-Treat Yourself Ideas – Focus on rejuvenation and staying on purpose.
Quarterly/Yearly Re-Treat Yourself Topics – Precious solitude to relax and reconnect with your big picture.
Check out our other 40 Journaling Tools for personal growth.