Many well-known speakers and authors consider journaling to be ‘the best hidden secret to success.’ Why? Here are some insights as to how journaling so powerfully meets our needs.
- Slow your mind down so you can see how you think.
- Quadruple your learning by stimulating your senses – sub-vocalizing and hearing, writing and reviewing.
- Work with thoughts out of your head and onto paper.
- Create a bigger picture so the parts make sense.
- Change your perspective by reviewing and summarizing in one line.
- Begin to think with both the rational left brain and the intuitive right brain.
- Stay objective in subjective, emotional worlds.
- Know yourself and your processes better.
- Reveal what is concealed in your subconscious mind.
So take a leap of faith. Commit to explore the wide variety of journaling tools available today. Find the ones that work best for you, so you can uncover your own inner wisdom.
For more details on each point, see an article on creative journal writing tools at http://www.higherawareness.com/journal-writing/why-journaling-works.html