A creed is a heart-felt statement of your truths and beliefs. It can be a statement of your philosophy, goals and high level affirmations. It inspires and empowers you and connects at a deeper level with your higher self. Below are some sample lines that can go into a responsibility statement. Use them as guides, then create statements in your own words. Type your creed in a large font so it fills one page.
- I accept life as it unfolds because I know it is part of a larger divine plan.
- Every day, I am more and more aware of the wisdom underlying the events of my life.
- I know I can handle all that arises in my life.
- I now trust that my shadows will be illuminated by light.
- I open to and accept the creative energy and soul qualities that are inherent in my shadows.
- I forgive myself for my inappropriate thinking, actions and words. I forgive others and God.
- Every day I am becoming more and more authentic, free, loving, joyful and powerful.
- I am 100% accountable and responsible.
Sign and date your creed.
“The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” — Joan Didion
“To accuse others for one’s own misfortunes is a sign of want of education. To accuse oneself shows that one’s education has begun. To accuse neither oneself nor others shows that one’s education is complete.” — Epictetus
~ Meet you in Higher Awareness! ~