“Fear is a question: What are you afraid of, and why? … Our fears are a treasure house of self-knowledge if we explore them.”
— Marilyn Ferguson
“Help me overcome my fears!”
This is a common request. No surprise, right? If we dig deeply into our procrastination, our lack of confidence, our frustration and ‘stuck-ness’ in life, we usually find fear at the root.
So how do we deal with fear?
As a first step, we can start right where we are. Acknowledge that fear is there. Trying to deny, avoid, ignore or bury our fear simply makes it stronger.
Rather than run away from our fear, we can look upon it as a messenger from our own wise knowing. It’s there to get our attention because some belief, pattern or habit needs to be changed!
When fears arise, use this quick acceptance process:
- Acknowledge and really feel your fear without judging and criticizing yourself.
- Ask what it’s there to tell you. Be alert for inner messages that will bring you greater understanding of the situation.
- Be fully present. Are you okay in this moment? Relax into your present well-being.
- Focus your mind on what you have rather than on what you don’t have, or on what you want rather than on what you don’t want.
- Ask your higher knowing: What can I do to improve my situation? Taking action helps get our energy moving.
To support you in resolving fears more deeply, Higher Awareness offers numerous tools and programs. Explore your fear and watch yourself begin to move through it.