Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson have identified 9 BASIC FEARS that they believe shape our personalities. (Source: The Wisdom of the Enneagram)
1. Fear of being bad, corrupt, evil or defective
2. Fear of being unworthy of being loved
3. Fear or being worthless or without inherent value
4. Fear of being without identity or personal significance
5. Fear of being useless, incapable or incompetent
6. Fear of being without support or guidance
7. Fear of being deprived or trapped in pain
8. Fear of being harmed or controlled by others
9. Fear of loss of connection, of fragmentation.
Once we’ve identified our basic fear (or a fear of anything), we can begin to move through it. It helps to know that fears always arise from A MISUNDERSTANDING OF WHO WE REALLY ARE. Our soul is fearless because it knows that nothing can threaten our true nature.
“Every man has a coward and hero in his soul.” — Thomas Carlyle
Are you ready to explore how to BEFRIEND YOUR EMOTIONS? Start by taking our quick Know Your Personality Style Quiz. Experience life from higher perspectives.