“When we align our thoughts, emotions, and actions with the
highest part of ourselves, we are filled with enthusiasm, purpose,
and meaning. Life is rich and full. …This is the experience of
-- Gary Zukav
“We cannot teach people anything; we can only help them discover it
-- Galileo Galilei
“Everything you are against weakens you. Everything you are for
-- Wayne Dyer
“What you can become you are already.”
-- Hebbel Friedrich
“To the degree that I am empowered, in some small but cumulative
way, I am influencing the opportunities of every person on the
planet and every action which they may take.”
-- Avrom King
“We have the power to make choices, to take risks, to project, to
perceive, to interact, and to master the dream. We can become a
dream artist and create the most beautiful masterpiece of art with
the dream of our life.”
-- don Miguel Ruiz
“Compassion, caring, teaching, loving, and sharing your gifts,
talents, and abilities are the gateways to power.”
-- Jamie Sams
“Your true personal power is determined by how attuned you are to
your self; to all aspects of yourself.”
-- Delfin Knowledge System
“… when your confidence is gone, your power is gone. Your
achievement will never rise higher than your self-faith.”
– Orison Swett Marden
“Self-empowerment – that’s learning to respect other people’s music,
but dance to your own tune as you master harmony within yourself.”
-- Doc Childre
“It is not the answer that enlightens, but the question.” --
We’re empowered when we go inside to seek our own answers rather than
look to others for direction. When we ask ourselves empowering
questions, we invite our wise self to respond. So believe in your own
wisdom. If that’s not yet possible, simply open to the possibility that
you have the answers you need inside of you. Go exploring!
These questions are also powerful tools to support others to move
forward in their lives. Pose these questions to someone who’s stuck and
without direction. Challenge them. Encourage them. Show you care. Could
you make this commitment to them? “If you are willing to make a sincere
commitment to help yourself, then I am willing to make a commitment to
support you and to check in on a regular basis.”
1. What is holding you back from getting what you want? What are you
going to do about it?
2. What do you want and WHY do you want it? Keep asking “why?” until
your answer comes deep from within your heart.
3. Imagine that three years from today, you are looking back over those
three years. What has to have happened both personally and spiritually
for you to feel happy about the time that has passed? (From Strategic
4. What one word describes the essence or quality you want to experience
for your life to feel fulfilled? How can you experience that quality
5. When you say you do not know the answer to a question, ask yourself,
“If I did know, what would it be?” We all have our own answers in us. We
often don’t take the time and attention to draw them out.
6. If you had only three months to live, what would be most important
for you to do? (How about one week to live?) It’s important to do it
7. How would you spend your time if you did not need to work? What’s
most meaningful to you?
8. How did you attract this situation into your life? What are you to
learn from it? Take responsibility for what’s happening.
9. If you wrote your own book, straight from your heart, what would the
book’s title be? What would you cover in the 7 main chapters? We are all
here to give back in some way.
10. What skills and talents do you have to offer your soul for its work?
11. If God had one key life question for you, for which the answer would
give your life purpose, what would it be?
12. What gives your life the most meaning?